[MPlayer-dev-eng] Smeared video with screenshot and unsharp filter

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed Apr 10 21:09:36 CEST 2013

On 10.04.2013, at 19:51, Nicolas George <nicolas.george at normalesup.org> wrote:

>> You can also change the default for -slices/-noslices so it at least works
>> again by default for everyone else.
>
> If nobody can fix it in a near future, it will come to that.
>
> I suspect you are currently more or less the only one who understands enough
> of what is going on with MPlayer's image structure, and how it can map with
> ffmpeg's structures. It would greatly help if you could find time to explain
> things a little (unless said explanation already exists, but I never found
> it).

You overestimate my knowledge I think.
The way slices are supposed to work is that FFmpeg does a get_buffer, then calls the draw_slice function and finally returns the frame it got before and it did draw_slice into.
Things that can go wrong are for example the FFmpeg request a buffer but the actually wants to draw into another one, at least MPlayer can't handle that currently for example, thus it is isabled for frame threading if I remember correctly.
Other issues are forgetting to call draw_slice for parts of the frame for example.