[MPlayer-dev-eng] is it possible that a not properly implemented audio output driver make video playing slow ?

lean fu fulean at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 19:29:50 CEST 2012

hi list:

i noticed that mplayer can play 720p WVC1 encoded files smoothly if  close
audio output (usding '-nosound') on my 1G HZ android mobile phone.

but when enable audio output, playing becomes very slow and
stutters, current audio output module  is ao_sdl, and pcm data will be
transferd  to java audiotrack for playback finally.

could somebody tell me if  a low efficience audio driver may influence the
video playing performance ?

 if  so,i'm ready to modify ao_pcm.c  to use opensl es, is this the correct
direction ?  thanks!