[MPlayer-dev-eng] Removing librtsp?

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Wed Oct 31 21:46:04 CET 2012

On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 19:39:18 +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
>Hello,
>Due to coverity I looked at stream/librtsp again, and the code has me
>already scared after a few minutes.
>So was wondering if there was any use for it.
>We disable it anyway if compiling against libnemesi for example,
>and I believe FFmpeg also comes with a rtsp implementation we can use.
>Does anyone have any experience with/knowledge about that?

i am fine with getting rid of librtsp.
the ffmpeg code is maintained at least.

i have not tested the ffmpeg://rtsp:// with all of the rtsp samples
outlined here: http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=RTSP

it would be nice to test vs librtsp to see if there were any
streams which dont work. did xine ever update their copy (the
copyright of librtsp mentions ours is a port)?

librtsp doesnt support the ms- rtsp://wmv streams. ffmpeg seems to fail
as well. i thought it was working at one point?

does getting rid of librtsp keep the rtsp detection of realrtsp vs the
standard rtsp ? i dont know where that code is.

mplayer ffmpeg://rtsp://132.195.249.65/33riedl.rm does not work.
and i'm guessing none of the real-rtsp will.

-compn