[MPlayer-dev-eng] Coverity scan access

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Nov 22 22:29:08 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 10:02:45AM +0800, Xidorn Quan wrote:
> Hi Reimar,
>
> On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 6:39 AM, Reimar Döffinger
> <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de>wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 06:22:16PM +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > > as you may have guessed I finally got Coverity scans (
> > http://scan.coverity.com/) for MPlayer going.
> > > There's a lot of issues (both actual and false positives) all over.
> > > Any developer that's interested and does not yet have an account
> > > please give me your desired user name (and I'm afraid real name I will
> > > also need to know) and I can make them send you an email to get access.
> > > I'm kind of partial to restricting it to developers with SVN access,
> > > but I'm sure I can be convinced otherwise with the right arguments.
> >
> > I forgot to say: for those who already have access:
> > It will only scan the files that are actually compiled in my
> > configuration.
> > So keep your eyes open if you spot some feature I should enable
> > to get it covered, too.
> > (Note: FFmpeg is disabled intentionally via a special "hack", since
> > there is a separate instance handling FFmpeg already).
> >

> I found that all OSX-specific code, like vo_corevideo, is not included
> in Coverity's analysis. Would you mind adding them to get them covered?

Only code that is compiled will be scanned.
There are only binaries to do the coverity-compile on Linux or on
NetBSD (see http://scan.coverity.com/self-build/).
So unless you know a way to have that OSX code compile on Linux
I don't think I can.
(Note: stub headers would probably work fine without it actually
having to be possible to link or such, but I don't know. Still,
seems difficult to do)