[MPlayer-dev-eng] Release 1.1 first packaging attempt

Stefano Pigozzi stefano.pigozzi at gmail.com
Fri May 25 10:45:30 CEST 2012

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Reimar Döffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de>wrote:

> 1) We generally need a lot of testing to check that there are no too
> serious issues.

I compiled the tarball on Mac OSX Lion (Xcode 4.3):
 -  clang 3.1 compiles and works correctly. When cc is clang (so you don't
have to call configure with --cc=clang) there is a fair amount of spam like
this:
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-falign-loops=16'
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-shared-libgcc'

This is because the configure script adds those flags basing the choice on
$_cc instead of $cc_vendor.

 -  llvm-gcc-4.2.1: there's the usual problem when linking vf_fspp:
  "_MM_FIX_0_707106781", referenced from:
      _filter in vf_fspp.o
  "_MM_FIX_0_541196100", referenced from:
      _filter in vf_fspp.o
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mplayer] Error 1

This ticket (http://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/353) contains all the
interesting information about this issue. I'll try to make a patch for
libav/ffmpeg in the following days, the fix is really simple.