[MPlayer-dev-eng] MIME types / samples

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Fri May 18 14:35:43 CEST 2012

On Fri, 18 May 2012 12:36:01 +0200, Ingo Brückl wrote:
>compn wrote on Fri, 18 May 2012 06:33:19 -0400:
>
>> On Fri, 18 May 2012 10:41:22 +0200, Ingo Brückl wrote:
>>>It would be nice if I had samples to test with. Is there a collection
>>>somewhere?
>
>> i dont believe we have a mime sample collection, mostly because mime
>> types lie and we have to guess the formats anyways.
>
>I meant a collection of video and audio samples (all types) MPlayer can play.
>It's hard to find a specific sample file for download by searching the web.

we happen to run the largest selection of multimedia formats
collection on the internet: http://samples.mplayerhq.hu
(archive.org may want to argue this point haha)

i think the raw and image format extensions should not be added, since
mplayer cannot play them back correctly unless the user specifies some
options. e.g. .raw .h264 .png, .gif .jpg

-compn