[MPlayer-dev-eng] MIME types / samples

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Fri May 18 12:33:19 CEST 2012

On Fri, 18 May 2012 10:41:22 +0200, Ingo Brückl wrote:
>I'm just about to update the completely outdated list of supported MIME types
>in mplayer.desktop for the GUI.
>
>There's probably only the list of extensions (libmpdemux/extension.c) and the
>list of demuxers in libmpdemux/ itself that might give me a clue about what
>MIME types are supported, isn't it?

there are some media mime types listed here:
http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/index.html

>It would be nice if I had samples to test with. Is there a collection
>somewhere?

i dont believe we have a mime sample collection, mostly because mime
types lie and we have to guess the formats anyways.

copying the mime types that vlc supports might work
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=blob;f=share/vlc.desktop.in;hb=HEAD

-compn