[MPlayer-dev-eng] Broken vf_lavc and dvb-out playback. Possibly wrong pts asignment

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed Jan 11 19:40:11 CET 2012

On Sun, Jan 08, 2012 at 08:52:42AM +0100, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> DVB out is totally broken unless you can use MPEG12 pass-through.
> Re-encoding on the fly with vf_lavc floods the screen with
>
> A:   0.9 V:-9223372036854775808.0 A-V:  0.000 ct:  0.104   0/  0 12%
> 39%  2.0% 0 0
> pts after filters MISSING
>
> and doesn't show anything on the display. This functionality must
> have been broken for years.

This should only happen for some input formats.
-nocorrect-pts should for example avoid it.

> In put_image() the pts is discarded, in its place MP_NOPTS_VALUE is
> propagated to the next
> filter, that -as far as I remember- is wrong.

Since we are encoding I-only, passing on the pts is probably correct.
However this really shouldn't cause things to fail completely,
MPlayer is supposed to fall back to fps-based timing for example.
But unless someone with the right hardware has time to debug further
that will probably remain a mystery.

> AH, btw I think I forgot my passwod :-) so if it's the case apply it.

Remembered it again or do you need me to apply?
Or we can solve the password problem if you see a chance of needing
it more often again :-)