[MPlayer-dev-eng] Allow compilation with Libav

Reinhard Tartler siretart at tauware.de
Mon Jan 2 18:04:53 CET 2012

On Mo, Jan 02, 2012 at 17:42:39 (CET), Nicolas George wrote:

> Le tridi 13 nivôse, an CCXX, Reinhard Tartler a écrit :
>> While I still guess the PIX_FMT #definery should still work, the
>> CODEC_ID enums require some other solution. Can you think about a better
>> way than to hack up configure to see if ffwavesync and escpae130 are
>> available?
>
> For FFWAVESYNC, that is easy: the CODEC_ID comes with the decoder, so you
> have the CONFIG_FFWAVESYNTH_DECODER macro.

That's a good idea. I'll update the patch like this then.

> But for the long run, we will not escape addressing the point of the API/ABI
> compatibility between ffmpeg and libav. Unfortunately, most of the leaders
> of libav seem to not care about it at all, and if I had to take a guess, I
> may say that some of them enjoy the prospect of breaking compatibility.

There are no "leaders" in libav.

But be assured, I am active in libav and I do care about mplayer
compatibility, otherwise I wouldn't submit such patches to mplayer.

As for escape130, I've just submitted the decoder to libav. If it gets
accepted, then I think we've found an acceptable solution.

Cheers,
Reinhard.

--
Gruesse/greetings,