[MPlayer-dev-eng] Terrible playback issues

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Sun Feb 19 16:28:58 CET 2012

I've updated ffmpeg yesterday (the last time was Thursday, but I cannot tell
whether I really used this one) after my previous update around Jan, 10.
MPlayer is alway up-to-date.

Now I'm suddenly experiencing strange playback issue, i.e. it's a little bit
stuttering like decoding would take too long although that never was a
problem so far and CPU usage is just around 20%.

Console output constantly says:

  [mpeg4 @ 0xb75236c0]get_buffer() failed (stride changed)
  Error while decoding frame!

Was there a change recently that could be the reason? Maybe someone can give
me a hint before I have to start to track it down.

Ingo