[MPlayer-dev-eng] run command patch

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed Feb 15 19:28:10 CET 2012

On 15 Feb 2012, at 19:16, Jan Christoph Uhde <Jan at UhdeJc.com> wrote:

> On 2012-02-14 21:49, compn wrote:
>

>>> It should work with any shell that supports "echo" and ">>",
>>> I think that includes even Windows cmd.exe, so yes, I
>>
>> except for "~/interesting" not working in cmd.exe.
>> echo and >> do work on cmd.exe.
>>
>> you could just add another line how to do it on windows if anyone cares
>> about it.
>
> people who read this file will know how ~ expands on *nix and that they
> must use %USER%, %HOME% or whar ever on windows:)

Well, you could just leave the path out and it should work fine anywhere, even if it is slightly less useful as-is.
Though I think the command tries to run sh anyway, so I think that feature does not work at all on Windows currently.
At the same time, /bin/sh is almost certainly a POSIX shell, so the command should indeed always work.
But either way the main point was that it was completely unclear what that sentence was supposed to mean, and we definitely shouldn't have that in the documentation.