[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] configure: print "recommended codecs"

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Sun Dec 2 00:55:45 CET 2012

Hi!

Nicolas George wrote:
> Le primidi 11 frimaire, an CCXXI, Reimar Döffinger a écrit :
> >      Audio output: $noaomodules
> >      Video output: $novomodules
> >
> > +  Recommended codecs: ffmpeg(internal) libopus speex OpenJPEG
> > +  Recommended video output: opengl
> > +
> >  'config.h' and 'config.mak' contain your configuration options.
>
> I do not think that adding to the fixed infodump that nobody reads will help
> much. What about this: splitting the enabled / disabled lists into essential
> + useful + minute, plus print a warning if an essential component is not
> enabled?

  I do think your patch is OK. Though you might not always need vo opengl
but it is for sure the most useful and most widely supported vo if you
think cross-platform and modern platform. So "recommended" should be fine.

  Guess I partly agree with Nicolas that some of that information should
be dropped. I particularly think it is *not* a good idea to print one list
<enabled things> and then immediately following <disabled things>.

  Alexander