[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] configure: print "recommended codecs"

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Sat Dec 1 23:18:53 CET 2012

On Sat, 1 Dec 2012 21:25:46 +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
>Hello,
>I'm not sure it is a great idea, but I think we are leaving people a
>bit without enough help about what should be enabled or not.
>Almost all external decoders should unnecessary really.
>So below is my first attempt.

there was some talk before about shrinking/cleaning up the configure
output.

i think your patch is a good idea.
another idea is lspci | grep -i nvidia
'warning, you have an nvidia card but vdpau headers not found!'

something similar for ati cards and vaapi would be good too.
merging vaapi would be nice.

-compn