[MPlayer-dev-eng] Performance of libdvdread/libdvdcss

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Fri Aug 31 22:51:03 CEST 2012

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 10:42:09PM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> There is a special function to get a file descriptor from a handle.
> By using that one you should be able to replace the ReadFile calls by
> read() calls, and with a bit more effort even keep the whole
> open/authenticate code as is while using the standard libc read
> functions.

Sorry, I think that won't work since the function is _get_osf_handle
and it works the other way round.
You could try if replacing FILE_FLAG_RANDOM_ACCESS (appears at least in
device.c) with 0 or FILE_FLAG_SEQUENTIAL_SCAN makes a difference,
the latter one might behave badly e.g. while seeking though.