[MPlayer-dev-eng] why my mplayer-android porting have lower performance than many other players ?

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Sun Aug 26 21:34:57 CEST 2012

ffmpeg-mt was merged with ffmpeg already.
mplayer can use it by -lavdopts threads=4
or lavdopts=threads=2 in the config.

you want to try not to scale from yuv to rgb. yuv>rgb scaling means that
your video output is incorrect, and will make things really slow.

i'm not sure why ffplay is faster. they should be the same speed. check
what video that ffplay is using and get mplayer to use it. is it opengl
or xv or something else?

-compn