[MPlayer-dev-eng] why my mplayer-android porting have lower performance than many other players ?

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Sat Aug 25 23:56:29 CEST 2012

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 13:20:21 +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
>On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 04:00:58PM -0400, compn wrote:
>> note that on some systems , if you scale the video to a lower res, it will display faster, due to slow video output.
>
>If your video output uses more than a few % of CPU time that means that
>either
>1) You are doing something very wrong/badly
>2) Your system is really unsuitable for video playback of any kind

i think his actual question is why does his mplayer-android port slower
than the other mplayer-based android ports in the app store.

i think the answer is that other mplayer ports have coded up android
video hardware accelerators but that they havent shared that accel in
gpl code.

hopefully they are following gpl license...

-compn