[MPlayer-dev-eng] Reverted patch of time-based PTS locking

Pásztor Szilárd don at tricon.hu
Mon Aug 20 21:19:24 CEST 2012

 Reimar Döffinger:
> That is rather misleading. CORRECT_PTS does _not_ enable PTS
> correction,
> quite the opposite it makes the code assume that the PTS values are
> correct.
> For that it also enables reordering of the PTS values, though that is
> more a side-effect.
> Another, more serious side effect is that it will disable parsing of
> the
> video stream, which makes me think that there is a good chance this
> will
> break playback completely for some files.
> At least the FFmpeg demuxer seems to think that parsing is required.

 I don't see how this code could result in any problems. This
 CORRECT_PTS
 define is used for nothing else than returning either DEMUXER_CTRL_OK
 or
 not, which in turn is used exclusively for setting a default value for
 correct_pts. And this is exactly what I want.

> Wouldn't it be simpler, more correct and also remove the need for the
> change in
> mplayer.c to just remove the
>     if (!mpi || drop_frame)
>             return NULL;
> code and do a return drop_frame ? NULL : mpi; at the end instead?
> (plus changes necessary to not crash for mpi == NULL of course).

 You may be right, with one if (mpi) check for the field dominance part.