[MPlayer-dev-eng] Reverted patch of time-based PTS locking

Pásztor Szilárd don at tricon.hu
Sat Aug 18 15:11:41 CEST 2012

Reimar Döffinger:
> 2) changing that won't fix things when e.g. using a binary codec to decode

Ok I since then tracked it down to the mplayer mpegts demuxer very likely not
parsing timestamps from the stream. In ffmpeg the ff_parse_pes_pts function
does this but mplayer has only a similar function in demux_mpg.c but that's
probably not in effect...

> Note: 2) is not a big issue in my opinion, though I don't want non-FFmpeg
> codecs broken more than now.

For me it is a big issue as I'm watching HD streams primarily. Anyway,
properly fixing it couldn't hurt.