[MPlayer-dev-eng] Reverted patch of time-based PTS locking

Pásztor Szilárd don at tricon.hu
Sat Aug 18 13:21:14 CEST 2012

Reimar Döffinger:
> I don't have time to do much programming myself, but it's enough to
> answer questions and give hints.

Then I'll try to make use of that :)
I'm looking around in ffmpeg, following your advice, to get libavcodec reorder
the PTS coming from H264 streams. It works nicely in ffplay, however ffplay
does a lot of packet queuing and similar stuff before feeding data to the
decoder. The decoder does a good job in reordering and guessing pts, but it
needs the packet pts as input. In mplayer, vd_ffmpeg.c does not feed the
packet pts into the decoder, only NOPTS_VALUE, so this feature cannot work in
libavcodec. Do you maybe know if there is a specific reason for not feeding
this pts? I'm currently trying to figure out how it could be done if there is
no objection.