[MPlayer-dev-eng] Reverted patch of time-based PTS locking

Pásztor Szilárd don at tricon.hu
Tue Aug 14 19:56:15 CEST 2012

 Reimar Döffinger:
> Did you try with -mc 100? Actually the sample I tried
> (http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/V-codecs/h264/PAFF/Sat1PAFF.ts) seems
> to work fine even without most of the time (though I admit it is a
> bit hard to tell).

 I tried this sample and the A-V sync is off the same amount with and
 without the patch. However, without the patch the video is jerky, with
 the patch it is smooth.

> In the mean time, maybe you could point me to a sample for your
> issue?

 Here is a random capture: http://www.tricon.hu/~don/digi-h264-paff.ts
 Try it with -demuxer megts -vc ffh264 -vo xv (don't use vdpau now as
 its
 vsync affects playback). Watch the A-V: value in the terminal and watch
 how the seconds digit of the OSD jerks.
 Try the patch and you get a constant A-V:  0.000 and no jerk (after
 fixing the AVDISCARD comparison in vd_ffmpeg.c).

 s.