[MPlayer-dev-eng] Passing parameters to video/audio output drivers

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Sep 20 19:19:48 CEST 2011

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 08:15:46AM -0600, Deron Kazmaier wrote:
> If not, should the decklink video driver then provide an error
> message? Should it dump a list of acceptable resolutions? Or give a
> hint like "Video must match available device resolutions. (for
> example, use -vf scale=h:v)"?

Whatever is useful to the user. A list of acceptable resolutions
is probably something they will very much want.
A hint to -vf scale is probably a good idea, though slightly less
critical.

> Just trying to find a suitable default. I'll use vo_fps if nothing
> is specified.

Might be worth warning about it though. Particularly if it is
1000 like when playing variable-fps content like WMV.