[MPlayer-dev-eng] DeckLink driver

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Sep 20 19:16:53 CEST 2011

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 07:56:12AM -0600, Deron Kazmaier wrote:
> On 9/19/11 2:22 PM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> >On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 01:20:43PM -0600, Deron Kazmaier wrote:
> >>patch url http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/attachments/20090817/0a55034d/attachment.diff.
> >Well, the configure part of that is a joke.
>
> It may be, but it is better than I could write at this moment! Man
> stands on the shoulders of the accomplishments of those who came
> before.

The point is that just making the patch compile it in unconditionally
would have been simpler and about as useful.
This definitely needs to be improved, having to hack around, adding
extra linker flags manually etc. just isn't acceptable.

> Right now the configure script simply defaults to disabled and
> enables it when demanded. Would be acceptable to sniff out installed
> decklink includes and enable decklink automatically?

Yes, unless something speaks against it that is the preferred approach,
used for almost everything.
That it is c++ will probably add some complications though.
You should probably look at the "LIVE555 Streaming Media libraries"
configure check, it solves similar issues, e.g. it uses cxx_check
to check compilation, and it too has to manually add "-lstdc++".