[MPlayer-dev-eng] DeckLink driver

Deron Kazmaier deron at pagestream.org
Mon Sep 19 21:20:43 CEST 2011

On 9/17/11 3:08 PM, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 11:56:47AM -0600, Deron Kazmaier wrote:
>>> Well, you are really very vague and don't give us any relevant
>>> information at all.
>>> But usually that would be because you're missing -lstdc++
>> Sorry, I may have given too much info.
> No, you have given too little.  Please send the patch and show us
> the error message.
>
> Diego

Sorry. I was talking about the background. I never know how much to
write before eyes start glazing over and people reach for the delete key :-)

I have this compiling and linking and running by hand (I simply
copy/paste the final mplayer link line, replacing cc with g++), but it
would be nice if configure could take care of it. The actual DeckLink
driver patch was posted on this list and can be seen here:

http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2009-August/062097.html

patch url
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/attachments/20090817/0a55034d/attachment.diff.

Here is the original errors when it tried to link with cc instead of g++:

libvo/vo_decklink.o: In function `config':
vo_decklink.cpp:(.text+0x50b): undefined reference to `operator
new[](unsigned long)'
libvo/vo_decklink.o: In function `preinit':
vo_decklink.cpp:(.text+0x7a7): undefined reference to `operator
new(unsigned long)'
libvo/vo_decklink.o: In function
`DeckLinkVideoOutputCallback::~DeckLinkVideoOutputCallback()':
vo_decklink.cpp:(.text._ZN27DeckLinkVideoOutputCallbackD0Ev[_ZN27DeckLinkVideoOutputCallbackD5Ev]+0x8):
undefined reference to `operator delete(void*)'
libvo/vo_decklink.o: In function
`IDeckLinkVideoOutputCallback::~IDeckLinkVideoOutputCallback()':
vo_decklink.cpp:(.text._ZN28IDeckLinkVideoOutputCallbackD0Ev[_ZN28IDeckLinkVideoOutputCallbackD5Ev]+0x8):
undefined reference to `operator delete(void*)'
libvo/vo_decklink.o:(.rodata._ZTV28IDeckLinkVideoOutputCallback[vtable
for IDeckLinkVideoOutputCallback]+0x10): undefined reference to
`__cxa_pure_virtual'
libvo/vo_decklink.o:(.rodata._ZTV28IDeckLinkVideoOutputCallback[vtable
for IDeckLinkVideoOutputCallback]+0x18): undefined reference to
`__cxa_pure_virtual'
libvo/vo_decklink.o:(.rodata._ZTV28IDeckLinkVideoOutputCallback[vtable
for IDeckLinkVideoOutputCallback]+0x20): undefined reference to
`__cxa_pure_virtual'
libvo/vo_decklink.o:(.rodata._ZTV28IDeckLinkVideoOutputCallback[vtable
for IDeckLinkVideoOutputCallback]+0x28): undefined reference to
`__cxa_pure_virtual'
libvo/vo_decklink.o:(.rodata._ZTV28IDeckLinkVideoOutputCallback[vtable
for IDeckLinkVideoOutputCallback]+0x30): undefined reference to
`__cxa_pure_virtual'
libvo/vo_decklink.o:(.rodata._ZTV8IUnknown[vtable for IUnknown]+0x10):
more undefined references to `__cxa_pure_virtual' follow
libvo/vo_decklink.o:(.rodata._ZTI27DeckLinkVideoOutputCallback[typeinfo
for DeckLinkVideoOutputCallback]+0x0): undefined reference to `vtable
for __cxxabiv1::__si_class_type_info'
libvo/vo_decklink.o:(.rodata._ZTI28IDeckLinkVideoOutputCallback[typeinfo
for IDeckLinkVideoOutputCallback]+0x0): undefined reference to `vtable
for __cxxabiv1::__si_class_type_info'
libvo/vo_decklink.o:(.rodata._ZTI8IUnknown[typeinfo for IUnknown]+0x0):
undefined reference to `vtable for __cxxabiv1::__class_type_info'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Thanks,

Deron