[MPlayer-dev-eng] DeckLink driver

Deron Kazmaier deron at pagestream.org
Sat Sep 17 19:56:47 CEST 2011

On 9/17/11 10:58 AM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 10:49:04AM -0600, Deron Kazmaier wrote:
>> I've updated the code to compile (well, one niggly that I don't
>> fully understand but it is with a Delete which hopefully will at
>> worst just leave memory unfreed at the end) but I couldn't get it
>> too link. The error messages certainly made me believe that the
>> problem is simply that the C++ libraries are not linked in. Just
>> using g++ instead of gcc seems to fix it (I copy/pasted the link
>> line, replacing gcc with g++), but what would be the proper way to
>> handle this in the config? Obviously the average user would not
>> enable/compile the decklink drivers and so it would be crazy to use
>> g++ all the time to link it.
> Well, you are really very vague and don't give us any relevant
> information at all.
> But usually that would be because you're missing -lstdc++

Sorry, I may have given too much info.

Everything linked when I simply changed gcc to g++.

So the question is, what is the proper changes to config that would
cause g++ to be used instead of gcc, when and only when the decklink
drivers are enabled?

Or is simply using -lstdc++ enough? (I've always been lead to believe
there is more too it, but I'm not c++ export. I hate it, but that is
just me).

Now I'm trying to figure out what it won't find the decklink card
itself. I'm guessing the decklink 64bit kernel module is not compatible,
in which case am I screwed?...

Deron