[MPlayer-dev-eng] DeckLink driver

Deron Kazmaier deron at pagestream.org
Sat Sep 17 18:49:04 CEST 2011

I'm trying to resurrect a patch made 2 years ago by Georg Lippitsch and
posted on this list that added support for the Blackmagic Decklink
HD-SDI output cards.

I've updated the code to compile (well, one niggly that I don't fully
understand but it is with a Delete which hopefully will at worst just
leave memory unfreed at the end) but I couldn't get it too link. The
error messages certainly made me believe that the problem is simply that
the C++ libraries are not linked in. Just using g++ instead of gcc seems
to fix it (I copy/pasted the link line, replacing gcc with g++), but
what would be the proper way to handle this in the config? Obviously the
average user would not enable/compile the decklink drivers and so it
would be crazy to use g++ all the time to link it.

I'm trying to get a friend who is a broadcaster to use Linux for his
video servers and video processing instead of his Macs, and this is the
last big piece to make a functional setup that he can start playing
with. I hope that Georg will be enticed to help me refine this driver
and I hope we can get it accepted into the main trunk.

Thanks,

Deron