[MPlayer-dev-eng] GUI and vo_x11 functions

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Tue Sep 13 12:34:48 CEST 2011

Alexander Strasser wrote on Mon, 12 Sep 2011 23:51:14 +0200:

> As I see it, we are trying to tackle to many issues at once. It should be
> possible to break this down into smaller self contained changes.

>   This is my first attempt to do it:

>   1. Generalize some functions a bit, so they could be used from the GUI

This would be 1a.patch.

1b.patch maybe, but there is already code in the GUI that probably can be
made an appropriate GUI function and called, so I assume 1b isn't necessary.

>   2. Don't automatically handle cursor auto hide feature when an external
>      window ID is specified).

This would be 2.patch (together with autohide code in the GUI).

>   3. Clean up/improve the code handling around the WinID variable.

With these 2 (or 3) patches, we won't change much with current WinID
handling. We only would abandon a reusable autohide function in vo_x11
(and copy the few lines to the GUI) and allow VOCTRL_ONTOP (which Reimar
would consider a bug).

Ingo