[MPlayer-dev-eng] Question for dev's: Does mplayer disable DPMS timeouts? "xset q" looks good, but timeouts never trigger

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 13:23:28 CEST 2011

On 9/8/11, Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 03:38:16PM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
>> On 7 Sep 2011, at 12:47, Nicolas George <nicolas.george at normalesup.org>
>> wrote:

>> > I tend to agree: -stop-screensaver should be the default.
>> >
>> > Changing:
>> >
>> > int stop_xscreensaver = 0;
>> >
>> > to ... = 1 in libvo/x11_common.c should be enough.
>>
>> I have no objections, I just didn't get around to it.
>
> I changed it, everyone please complain if you don't like something
> about how it works now.

Just to be clear.
I think that DPMS should have its own option.

There are many buggy (intel) drivers that e.g. turn off the backlight
when dpms is turned off. When workarounding such bug you'd want to be
able to disable dpms and still stop the screensaver from jumping over
your movie.

(There is also a feature request, to have a mode where pausing a movie
restores dpms & screensaver).