[MPlayer-dev-eng] Question regarding MPlayer's OpenGL output

Mostapha El-Shafey mostapha at viionsystems.com
Thu Oct 20 22:42:03 CEST 2011

> That would indicate that you ended up with a GPU/driver combination that
can't use DMA for upload of 3-component textures.
> I think that is quite rare though, unless you did not align the line
starts...

I tested this on 3 machines, each has different graphics hardware (2 Intel,
1 NVIDIA), OpenGL version (but all greater than 2.1) and CPU.
One thing I forgot to mention is that I was using glTexImage2D in my paintGL
function. I now use glTexSubImage2D to upload slices that are 16 pixels in
height. I'm going to do more testing and if I find something interesting
I'll post it.