[MPlayer-dev-eng] Compiling MPlayer under Wine

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Wed Oct 5 20:03:22 CEST 2011

Reimar Döffinger wrote on Mon, 3 Oct 2011 22:31:18 +0200:

> On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 10:11:06PM +0200, Ingo Brückl wrote:
>> Would it be insane to try this? Has anyone done this before?
>>
>> Since I'm already using wine and since winegcc is very MinGW-like, I could
>> do Win32 GUI testing without the need to reboot a Windows partition for
>> that.

> DOCS/tech/mingw-crosscompile.txt

Sure, MinGW works, but is there any interest in winegcc as well?

After several hours of trial it seems that I succeeded. There are only very
few very simple patches necessary and at least MPlayer itself runs fine (and,
as far as I can say by now, without issues). Only the GUI still is a bit
reluctant.

If there is interest in this new "porting", I'd like to post the necessary
patches for discussing and explain compilation in DOCS/tech/crosscompile.txt
(renamed from DOCS/tech/mingw-crosscompile.txt then).

Ingo