[MPlayer-dev-eng] FFmpeg? sound issue

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Tue Nov 22 11:33:08 CET 2011

Reimar Döffinger wrote on Mon, 21 Nov 2011 19:31:19 +0100:

> On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 10:24:46AM +0100, Ingo Brückl wrote:
>> outm.wav (http://www.load.to/dAzgTM7wV8/outm.zip) consists of nothing but
>> 00 00 C0 7F patters.

> Uh, that is a silenced NaN.
> I have absolutely no idea how that would come in.
> 0/0 or inf - inf would be possible sources, but seem unlikely.

Are there any test patterns for in, win, etc. I could use to do a test call
of ff_imdct36_float_sse() from a simple test program? (I tried with simple
float arrays, both empty and containing 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, ... but only get
segmentation faults.)

On the other hand, it seems quite clear that ff_imdct36_float_sse() is the
problem. If I force using ff_imdct36_float() instead, everything's fine
again.

>From what I found on the ffmpeg mailing list, ff_imdct36_float_sse() has been
developed on an Atom CPU and Erik and Nicolas did their tests on more modern
CPUs than mine as well.

Ingo