[MPlayer-dev-eng] FFmpeg? sound issue

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Mon Nov 21 14:29:37 CET 2011

Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote on Mon, 21 Nov 2011 12:38:48 +0000 (UTC):

> Ingo Brückl <ib <at> wupperonline.de> writes:

>> > Please configure FFmpeg with "./configure --disable-decoders=mp2,mp3" to be
>> > able to test float decoders reliably.
>>
>> For my mplayer build I assume? Nothing changed, no sound.

> No, this is needed if you want to try to reproduce your playback problem
> with ffmpeg/ffplay.

Oh, I see.

Yep, the wav file created by the mp2,mp3 disabled ffmpeg is as bad as the one
from mplayer (and only contains 00 80 patterns) now.

Only now I noticed that my previous ffmpeg build created the (good) wav file
with mp3 -> pcm_s16le (which was in my posted output though) whereas the bad
wav file was created with mp3float -> pcm_s16le now.

So, it seems to be a ffmpeg bug after all then?

What can I do furthermore?

> (Does mplayer's configure accept --disable-decoders=mp2.mp3 ?)

Both ffmpeg and mplayer accept '--disable-decoder=' (singular).

Ingo