[MPlayer-dev-eng] FFmpeg? sound issue

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Mon Nov 21 10:24:46 CET 2011

Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote on Sun, 20 Nov 2011 20:26:55 +0000 (UTC):

> Ingo Brückl <ib <at> wupperonline.de> writes:

>> Is there still anything I can do or test?

> You claimed on ffmpeg-user that you found a FFmpeg bug, please post
> complete, uncut output there.

Doesn't the result of your suggestion to do a 'ffmpeg -i input out.wav'
indicate that it might rather be a MPlayer issue?

The wav file created by 'ffmpeg -i 4210.mp3 outf.wav' plays fine and sounds
ok whereas the file created by 'mplayer -ao pcm:file=outm.wav 4210.mp3' (I
hope that does the same) has the mentioned issues.

outm.wav (http://www.load.to/dAzgTM7wV8/outm.zip) consists of nothing but
00 00 C0 7F patters.

Ingo