[MPlayer-dev-eng] FFmpeg? sound issue

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Fri Nov 18 18:35:02 CET 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 06:31:37PM +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 06:26:55PM +0100, Ingo Brückl wrote:
> > compn wrote on Fri, 18 Nov 2011 11:47:39 -0500:

> > > i wonder if you have an old codecs.conf lying around?
> >
> > Nope. I'm always using the built-in one.
> >
> > > could you paste mplayer -v file.mp3 output ?
> >
> > Attached.
>
> Hm, it outputs float directly to ALSA, maybe ALSA incorrectly thinks
> your soundcard supports that (did you have a recent ALSA/kernel update
> that might have broken it)? Try forcing conversion with
> -af format=s16le

And try -ao pcm.
Bonus points for expanding tests/Makefile to be able to test audio
while you're at it :-P
(Which reminds me: Diego, I'll happily do my best to clean that up,
make it non-recursive etc. if you don't have time. You just have to
live with that it's probably not as good as you could do it even
with not too much effort).