[MPlayer-dev-eng] MNG output support for MPlayer

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sun May 8 11:11:21 CEST 2011

L'octidi 18 floréal, an CCXIX, Stefan Schuermans a écrit :
> in 2008, I implemented MNG input support for MPlayer. I was now in need
> of creating MNG files from short MPEGs and have implemented an MNG vo
> plugin for MPlayer. I've attached the patch for review.

I wonder: would it not be more efficient to implement it as a
libavcodec/libavformat module? It may be harder in the short run, but in the
long run, ffmpeg parts are much more practical, as they are intended to be
used in scripts or as libraries.

> +/* prototypes */
> +mng_ptr vomng_alloc(mng_size_t i_size);
> +void vomng_free(mng_ptr ptr, mng_size_t i_size);
> +mng_bool vomng_openstream(mng_handle h_mng);
> +mng_bool vomng_closestream(mng_handle h_mng);
> +mng_bool vomng_writedata(mng_handle h_mng, mng_ptr p_buf,
> +                         mng_uint32 i_size, mng_uint32 *i_written);
> +void *vomng_output(void *param);

Shouldn't these functions be static?

And are these forward declarations really necessary?

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George