[MPlayer-dev-eng] [Patch] Supporting unicode window title

Wed May 4 15:49:33 CEST 2011

Hi To mplayer-dev-eng at mplayerhq.hu!

 On 2011.05.01 at 22:25:08 +0400, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote next:

> I'm running mplayer in window lately, and got sick watching at ugly
> chars in window title with
> use-filename-title = on
> option (russian and asian letters look completely wrong, european
> symbols like ä render with extra symbol/distorted). Fortunately, it's
> easy to fix by adding a hint.. should work with any descent window
> manager. Patch attached.

Mmmm ping? I tested patch in few various conditions, it always displays
correctly various european, cyrillic, japanese and chinese symbols. It
doesn't care about current locale encoding, but requires utf-8 encoded
filename to work correctly; if filesystem has names encoded in non-utf-8
compatible encoding, obviously name in title won't be correct, but it'll
work without crashes, just result will be as bad as before this patch
(right now, window title is broken regardless of encoding for non-ascii
characters).

--

Vladimir