[MPlayer-dev-eng] vo equalizer cleanup

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev at gmail.com
Mon May 2 01:35:05 CEST 2011

About 3 years ago Uoti proposed patch that would remove vaargs from
control() for VOCTRL_SET/GET_EQUALIZER. There were a number of issues
he never addressed and the patch was never fixed.

I have went into the effort of creating new patch from scratch that
achieves same goals.

However instead of creating new structures for GET and SET I decided
to reused the single vf_equalizer structure from video filter system.
This allows the structure to be directly passed through vf_vo.
Because I use the very same structure, some files also need to include
the vf.h .
I could change that if you object on it, put please provide a clean
way to ensure that the vo structure would be the same as the vf one.
I picked the same structure because my plan is to convert vo to the vf api.

Best Regards.

At first I left vidix_control() unmodified. However I realized that a
number of video outputs only wraparound the SET/GET_EQUALIZERs in the
form needed by vidix_control(vaargs). The first patch included changes
in these wrappers. But that code could be completely eliminated if
vidix_control() accepts the vf_equalizer directly. So I changed
vidix_control() too.
The video outputs in questions are winvidix, xvidix, cvidix, fbdev, svga, vesa .

The patch causes few more warnings, but I think they could be fixed by
using "const  char *" in vo_xv_set/get_eq() (patch attached).
Alternative method is making these functions take vf_equalizer
directly.

Please check the big patch carefully, I've found at least 4 mistakes,
most of them typos. Check all the vo's you can. I've tested xv, xvmc,
gl, aa, matrixview.

I don't have vidix supported card so I can't test any of the vidix
outputs. Can't test  mga, vdpau, kva, dxr3 either, The x11 and gl2
seem to use some method for setting that doesn't work with my video
card (I guess changing the controls for the whole screen). I will need
extra effort to test directx, directfb2, if nobody could help me with
that.