[MPlayer-dev-eng] Transparency

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Thu Jun 30 15:54:03 CEST 2011

Paul TT wrote on Thu, 30 Jun 2011 13:11:32 +0200:

> On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 16:53:47 +0200
> Ingo Brückl <ib at wupperonline.de> wrote:

>> For quite a while I'm puzzling why there is a function called
>> "Normalize" that sets the alpha channel of all the skin item images
>> to zero (and why the resulting images aren't transparent but opaque).

> where can you define the transparency?
> i don't' know how to try that...

I'm not sure what you mean.

For transparency of gmplayer you'll need a composite manager. Either your
desktop environment already has one or get xcompmgr and transset.

In my posting I was talking about transparency of the skin images (which
affects how the skin is painted, but the whole skin is always opaque without
the manager mentioned above).

Ingo