[MPlayer-dev-eng] DxVA in MPlayer

Georgi Petrov gogothebee at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 21:40:52 CEST 2011

> Too bad really. I would have liked to help you, but between the EVR stuff
> seeming messy and generally too much other things to do I never managed
> to.

I know you guys all wanted to help, but this stuff was too far away
from the typical MPlayer related code. Actually I never had any
problem from the MPlayer side. All my troubles were Microsoft APIs
related, so you couldn't do much about it.

> Hi,
>
> were there any changes in libvo/evr.h (or any other files) that can be
> merged back into mingw-w64? Especially COMs, GUIDs and the like?

Yes, but my headers are NOT clean room implementation. I looked at
Microsoft headers, stripped them from unnecessary stuff, changed some
macros and adapted the thing to suit my work. Sorry, I just didn't
have another way. In case this all worked, I would have contacted you
to merge everything back in mingw-w64 in a clean way.

Of course, you are free to download my headers from the git tree and
merge back everything back into mingw-w64. I could assist you somehow,
but this would have to happen at least after a month (I'm busy with
some exams).

> Sadly, I've not heard much about the mplyer dxva development other than
> its initial proposal.

I have explained most of my progress and problems in the project Wiki.
This Wiki was an effort to attract more developers to help me and I
started several threads here and there, but no one showed any
interest, my semester ended and I started working full day job again
(so no free time).

Of course in the future I could return to this project, you never know :)