[MPlayer-dev-eng] r32056 Causes Loss of A/V Sync with VOB files

Steaphan Greene sgreene at cs.binghamton.edu
Thu Jun 16 21:24:05 CEST 2011

On 06/13/2011 01:18 PM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 11:12:08PM -0400, Steaphan Greene wrote:
>> In recently updating my version of mplayer, I noticed it no longer
>> maintains A/V sync when playing vob files of any reasonable length
>> (vdpau output plugin, ffmpeg12vdpau video decoder, ffac3 audio decoder).
>
> What if not using ffmpeg12vdpau? What of not use vdpau vo either?
> What is the value of the A-V value on the status line?
> I have not played many videos lately but I sure haven't seen such an
> issue.

I continued to look into this.  I found no pattern as to which -vf -vo
or -ao settings affect it.  However, it seems to be related to frame
dropping.  When it is slow enough (as happens with vo=vdpau:deint=4 on
my test system) to drop frames, with any frame-dropping setting, this
problem seems to surface.  Perhaps it is not properly dropping frames?

I hope that helps someone realize what's going on.  If not, I will
continue to try to track it down in the code myself.

--
Steaphan Greene <sgreene at cs.binghamton.edu>
Lecturer, Computer Science, Binghamton University