[MPlayer-dev-eng] mp3-via-http seeking problems - source code pointers requested

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Jun 4 13:04:08 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 06:05:44PM +0200, Will Morton wrote:
> I am running mplayer inside my app by spawning it as a process in
> slave mode and creating a simple http server on localhost which the
> slave then calls back to. It's working but I'm having some problems
> seeking; when I send the seek cmd via stdin, the slave complains on
> stdout 'Stream not seekable!' and playback jumps unpredictably.

Your http server is too simple. It (probably incorrectly) does not
advertise support for seeking.
Youtube and MakeMKV use the same broken HTTP server, I'd really
appreciate it if we had less people unwilling to read the specs
insisting on implementing their own crap.
But otherwise you could add yours to our existing "list of
crappy HTTP servers" in stream/http.c line 744.