[MPlayer-dev-eng] CrystalHD & 1080p mkv memory leaks.

Philip Langdale philipl at overt.org
Thu Jun 2 01:49:46 CEST 2011

On Thu, 02 Jun 2011 01:32:06 +0200
wallak at free.fr wrote:

> I was trying with the software decoder, everything is fine. This
> issue is CrystalHD specific.
>
> A line that trigger this state e.g.:
> mplayer -fs -vc ffh264crystalhd -ao null sample-1080p.mkv
>
> I've done some experiments with valgrind, when mplayer closed this
> memory seems to be freed and is no more visible. So this 1MB/s memory
> increased is tracked somewhere in the code. Maybe the h264 raw video
> stream ?

Is the sample the exact same one you had in the ts container? If not,
please verify where the video is the same.

Honestly, I find your results surprising. The crystalhd code in mplayer
and in libcrystalhd is container neutral, so if the same video is going
in, the container shouldn't matter. On the other hand, the container
code is decoder neutral, so if it's an mkv bug, I'd expect it to appear
whether you use crystalhd or the software decoder.

Have you tried comparing the native mkv demuxer with the libavformat
one?

--phil