[MPlayer-dev-eng] FFmpeg, svn:externals and where to go from here

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Jan 31 19:45:09 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 10:54:56AM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> Seriously though, that one resides on another server outside of our
> control.  I once proposed converting libdvdcss into an svn:external,
> but you were against it, citing this very fact as an argument against
> an svn:external property.

Yes, but having commit access beats having it on the same server.
Also I had planned on figuring out how to best switch to a different
git repository only in the long term, not just now (would probably
involve detecting a mp_auto_pull repository with the old URL and
refuse to continue just as before with a old SVN checkout).

> So are we switching libdvdcss to an svn:external now or using whatever
> is installed on the system?

I fear I still might have a bit of a mplayer-specific mess in
out libdvdcss that would need proper testing, review and then
upstream merging at least.