[MPlayer-dev-eng] Best way to give fps to vo

Dan Oscarsson Dan.Oscarsson at tieto.com
Mon Jan 31 19:19:12 CET 2011

Hi

I have added code to enable switching the screen to a frame rate close
to the movie frame rate. Just like -vm but only changing the frame rate.
This gives best results on many LCD TV sets.

For this I need to get the fps of the movie to the vo layer. One way
would be to change the "config" call definition to include fps, an other
to use global variables.

Currently I have added a vo_dfps global variable that is set in
libmpcodecs/vd.c before config of vo is called.

I see that vo_fps is set from mplayer.c and one comments indicates that
it is intended to be used by vo init. I have compared my vo_dfps with
vo_fps and they are mostly the same. But not in my .wmv samples which
sets vo-fps to 1000 hz before vo init while my vo_dfps set in vd.c uses
(more) correct fps value.

So which way should I use to send fps to the vo layer?

  - change the "config" call definition to include fps.

  - use my vo_dfps value set in vd.c

  - change so vd.c updates vo_fps and use that.

or some other way.

   Dan