[MPlayer-dev-eng] FFmpeg, svn:externals and where to go from here

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Mon Jan 31 18:29:02 CET 2011

Reimar Döffinger wrote on Sun, 23 Jan 2011 20:10:47 +0100:

> 2) if ffmpeg/ does not exist, do a git clone and create a mp_auto_pull
> file

As a normal user (compiling by myself, but not developing) I always found it
annyoing when the downloaded source could not be compiled without some
special developer tools (git in that case).

The great thing about MPlayer sources until now was that it brought along
everything necessary to build it.

Could the nightly »normal source snapshot« please already contain a pulled
ffmepg (without mp_auto_pull and .git*). I'm sure lots of normal users would
be grateful.

Ingo