[MPlayer-dev-eng] FFmpeg, svn:externals and where to go from here

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sat Jan 29 13:09:14 CET 2011

Le quartidi 4 pluviôse, an CCXIX, Reimar Döffinger a écrit :
> My suggestion would have been to stick with SVN after all unless/until
> we can get libdvd* as git as well at least

This point could be resolved by setting up a git-svn repository, even if the
upstream sticks to SVN.

> Just as a reminder to myself (unless someone else implements it), step 3
> should also depend on at least ffmpeg but possibly also MPlayer being at HEAD
> to avoid interfering with regression testing.

Some people may find it really objectionable to have ./configure start
downloading things on its own accord. A separate script, and just sanity
checks in ./configure, would probably be better.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George