[MPlayer-dev-eng] EVR Renderer

Georgi Petrov gogothebee at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 20:58:28 CET 2011

Hi everybody,

We have a solution. JonY from mingw-w64 kindly suggested that I help
with the headers. I will describe in plain English each EVR-related
Microsoft header (I will start with the interfaces I need the most) to
the guys at mingw-w64 and they will implement them. Clean room
implementation. Since the two licenses (ZPL and GPL) are compatible, I
will submit with each patch of vo_evr.c the corresponding progress in
evr.h from mingw-w64 into MPlayer. Once evr.h becomes good enough, I
will merge it into mingw-w32 and remove it from MPlayer. The same
applies to several (3-4-5) other header files later.

Is everybody okey with this suggestion? If yes, I can submit the first
trivial patch, containing both vo_evr.c and evr.h later today or
tomorrow. Questions?