[MPlayer-dev-eng] EVR Renderer

Georgi Petrov gogothebee at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 22:03:52 CET 2011

>> Ok, I since Wine lacks evr.h and VLC lack evr.h, but mingw-w64-svn has
>> some starting point, can I do the following: submit the first patch
>> with the evr.h from mingw-w64 and gradually add those declarations
>> which I need in the following patches? I'm fine with this approach. In
>> the end when the final evr.h is shaped, we can just submit it to mingw
>> (32 bit) and make it part of it (and remove it from MPlayer).
>>
>> Do you think this is a good solution?
>
> From my side: whatever works for you, assuming the license is
> GPL-compatible.

You mean the license of evr.h from mingw-w64, right? I believe it is,
I will check. All further modifications by me will be added, based on
MSDN documentation, so no Microsoft code will end up in my modified
evr.h.

> When you remove it from MPlayer though you should
> make a configure check that checks for a sufficiently up-to-date
> system header.

The "sufficiently up-to-date system header" is a very good point. I'll
take it into account.

Then can I assume that I can submit the first patch with mingw-w64's
evr.h along with my other configure/vo_evr modifications?