[MPlayer-dev-eng] EVR Renderer

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Jan 25 21:06:25 CET 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 06:09:41PM +0200, Georgi Petrov wrote:
> Then when I try to implement DxVA on top of this EVR renderer, I will
> have to create from scratch another 5000+ lines of header files
> declarations? If this is the case, I will have to stop developing this
> feature.

In addition to the other suggestions there is no way I'll believe you
need a 5000 line header to use EVR.
Normally you shouldn't need more than a few lines per each feature you
actually use (which for Microsoft APIs almost always is a tiny, tiny
minority).
If you mean dependencies: the wine headers usually work fine as replacements.
Finally, modifying the header is an issue with concerns to copyright,
and I have some doubts Microsoft allows modification in the license.
However you can still use hacks like a different header you include first
and that uses #defines to hack it to work as intended and similar stuff.