[MPlayer-dev-eng] git-svn

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sat Jan 22 21:47:14 CET 2011

Le tridi 3 pluviôse, an CCXIX, Clément Bœsch a écrit :
> And use git rebase -i master to move the commit just after [X], and
> transform it in a "fixup" commit.

> If you want to make a single big commit, you just squash/fixup them
> after/before the rebase with git rebase -i.

The problem with that solution, unless I am mistaken, is that the
intermediate version of the file completely disappear from the history. If
it's a typo fix, that's obviously not a problem. But if it is a bigger
change that may need to be reverted later (say: rewrite a function to make
it less generic but simpler, and later you realize that you needed the more
generic version), this means losing the benefit of version tracking.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George