[MPlayer-dev-eng] Git Checklist Was: Git migration

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Sun Jan 9 12:48:44 CET 2011

On 12/21/2010 11:54 AM, Clément Bœsch wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> Since FFmpeg is migrating to Git, it was question of doing it also for
> MPlayer. Is there anyone opposed to this? Luca mentionned the MPlayer dev
> team in FFmpeg mailing list so I'd be happy to have opinions on this.
>
> Regards,

Here what's missing to get mplayer move to git (ffmpeg is almost done)

1)- Documentation: I wrote an howto for ffmpeg, could be shared.
2)- Map commits to users: might be possible to recycle janne script
3)- Amend history: do we really want to do that?
4)- gather ssh keys and install gitolite or gitosis on natsuki
5)- Switch to use git for the ffmpeg-mplayer import
6)- Update tree

2 and 3 could be replaced by a simple import using git-svn and be done
with that.

That assuming there is consensus on moving to git.

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo/linux